December 1, 2020.
TED NewsDesk, New Delhi: Globalization is expanding in various ways in today’s world, whether in the form of technology or education or anything else. One of its influences is seen in the field of education. Technologies and gadgets have taken knowledge to a different level. Today, education does not stop at textbooks and notebooks. EdTech largely contributes to motivating companies and educators to develop educational systems. It can calibrate and modify ways of learning.
One of the main reasons behind the introduction of technology in the field of the conventional education system is the outbreak of COVID-19. May it be language apps or digital learning apps or even video conferencing accessories, everything is witnessing an escalation since the pandemic.
Past and the present
- Earlier students had no digital skillset in the generation of K-12 students. Introduction and enhancement of technologies in the field of education can develop this missing skill.
- Virtual learning includes courses on coding, which aims at making students tech-friendly from the age of six years by providing them with good content and resources from every corner to help them develop codes.
- Several educational based companies and EdTech are establishing research-based systems for providing a base for their lifelong learning. They focus on setting up motor skills, social skills, pre-reading skills and development of vocabularies.
Acceleration of EdTech
- With the outbreak of COVID-19, education saw a rise in the usage of technologies, especially with global EdTech investment on track to increase by 15% this year, which is approx $6.4 billion. The pandemic led to a nationwide lockdown in almost 190 countries including India. The closure of schools affected 90% of the admitted students, i.e., around 1.6 billion students across the world.
- EdTech is playing a significant role in the transition of education from offline to online platforms. Various start-ups extend helping hand to educational institutions through course materials, intelligent textbooks, engaging video content, slideshows, assessment and activities.
- Some ventures are even offering digital-first educational assistance and accessibility, smart assessment and fresh syllabus and courses in languages, coding and science, especially to adult learning.
- Remote learning has become subtle and accessible for higher education due to the varieties of digital courses from reputed Institutes, income-sharing agreements consisting in the study now, pay later or boot camps to prepare them for new jobs.
A future shaped by EdTech
- A larger number of people are approaching towards online education amid Coronavirus. UNESCO and other foreign organisations are helping in the growth of these platforms and apps.
- After the introduction of these technologies and start-ups, there is no turning back which means that the process of learning will never be the same with many positive changes in it.
Skillsets have become an inseparable part of establishing a base for students learning. EdTech is playing a remarkable role in offering new opportunities to the students.
Source: India Today