TED NewsDesk, New Delhi: Like each year, the Ministry of Education presents the students of both schools and universities with scholarships to help them continue their education without any obstacles. The Ministry of Education, previously called the Ministry of Human Resource Development, was established in 1985.
Since its establishment, it has played a critical role in shaping the country’s educational policies to ensure they are carried out accurately. The Ministry, besides its multiple initiatives, also offers many scholarships to students. Below is the list of the best five scholarships the Ministry of Education is offering this year:
1. Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students. This scholarship is offered to those students who have completed their higher secondary schooling and are now in university. This scholarship aims to support students who can not afford to pay their college fees. The scholarship focuses on students with more than 80 percent in their 12th exam who are enrolled in regular courses on a full-time basis in medical and engineering courses. The yearly family income should be 8 lakh or less for a student to qualify for the scholarship. Some 82,000 scholarships are offered each year, and the stipend varies between 10-20k annually. The supposed application deadline is somewhere between August to October. The students can apply through the National Scholarship Portal.
2. National Means cum Merit Scholarship. This scholarship supports students who have cleared their class 8 exams and are currently enrolled in class 9th. The students, who belong to financially weaker sections of the society, find support via this scholarship to continue their further school education. The scholarship amount is 12,000. The students must secure at least 55% marks in their class 8 exams to avail of the scholarship. Additionally, they must secure 55% in class 7 to qualify for the selection procedure, and the family’s yearly income should be less than 1.50 lakhs per annum. The application’s deadline varies between August and October, and the application will be processed on the National Scholarship Portal.
3. AICTE Pragati Scholarship for Girls. This scholarship focuses primarily on girls who are knowledgeable, talented, and skillful. Girls who are in their 1st or 2nd year of technical degree/diploma and have gotten admission based on their 12th marks are eligible for this scheme. The yearly income for these scholarships is less than 8 lakh per annum, and two girls from each family are allowed to avail of the scheme. The total number of scholarships available is 5,000, and up to Rs 50,000 can be awarded per year. The deadline for applying is between September to October, and the scholarship can be applied for via the National Scholarship Portal.
4. AICTE- Saksham Scholarship Scheme. This scheme focuses on differently-abled students studying in a degree or diploma course from a recognised university/college. Up to Rs 50,000 per year can be offered to the differently-abled students to promote technical education. Students who have below 40% of disability are eligible for the scholarship. They must be in their 1st year of degree/diploma or 2nd-year degree/diploma course via a lateral entry in an AICTE recognised educational institution. Additionally, their families must earn less than 8 lakh per year. The last date for applying varies between September and October.
5. Prime Minister Research Fellowship (PMRF). To urge deserving students to carry out technical research opportunities, the PMRF scheme gives the students a chance to study in doctoral programs in educational institutions like the IISc/IISERs/IITs and other central universities. As mentioned in the fellowship information brochure, the candidates applying for this fellowship must fulfill the application criteria. Only those who are either in their final year or have already finished their BTech, MTech. Integrated MSc from IISc, IITs, NITs, IISER, or IIITs. The students receive up to Rs 80,000 as a stipend. One can apply for a Ph.D. program at any of the institutions that provide the PMRF; they will be eligible for the scholarship.